The Benefits of Telehealth
By using telehealth services instead of going for an in-person appointment, patients can avoid crowded rooms and unnecessary interactions with people who may unknowingly have COVID-19. In addition to reducing exposure and saving travel time, telehealth services give access to mental health care regardless of the patient’s location.
Many patients also find telehealth to be more comfortable, as they are able to meet with their therapy groups, counselors and healthcare providers from their own home. Also, because patients can attend telehealth appointments anywhere, this flexibility and convenience allow some patients to attend appointments more consistently.
Patients can access virtual mental health services at SABHH through our IOP program, a group therapy program with trauma-informed health professionals and other patients who face mental health challenges. While many people prefer face-to-face exchanges, video-based telehealth programs can recreate much of the in-person treatment experience. And patients who feel anxious with face-to-face interactions may consider video or audio-based discussions easier to handle.
Telehealth Program Specifics:
- SABHH offers teletherapy via Zoom, which is user-friendly and accessible via phone, tablet, or computer.
- Group therapy sessions only, no individual therapy or psychiatry at this level of care.
- IOP consists of 3 group sessions daily, 3 days per week for a total of 9 programming hours.
- Patients will receive case management services with a master’s level therapist to assist with long term appointments upon discharge.
- Additional times may be available; please call our caring intake staff for a cost-free assessment 24/7, 365 at 210-541-5300.
Types of Telehealth Therapy
We’re here 24/7; help is only 1 call away.
Call or come in today for a free, confidential assessment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- PTSD and other trauma related concerns
- Health and Wellness
- Medication Education
- Nutritional Counseling
- Creative Therapy
If you are looking for further information, check out our resources page. If you think SABHH can help you or a loved one, please contact us for a no-cost assessment.