Coping with the symptoms of psychiatric or substance abuse/addiction issues can create a number of obstacles in an individual’s life. When such symptoms become overwhelming, prevent healthy functioning, or hinder a person’s personal safety, mental health treatment is needed to alleviate symptoms and instill skills and tools for living a happy and healthy life.
San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital recognizes the first step is very difficult. At SABHH, we make every effort to ensure that the assessment and admission process is as streamlined and smooth as possible.
Those interested in seeking treatment or just learning more about behavioral health issues, can contact our admissions staff for a NO COST assessment, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Once the initial assessment is complete, our team of experienced and qualified clinical professionals work together to provide recommendations for an appropriate level of care.
It is our goal to make sure that your experience is positive and that potential patients and their families feel comfortable and knowledgeable about seeking psychiatric or substance abuse treatment.
Help is only a phone call away
Private and confidential assessments and referral information are provided at no charge, 24 hours a day, seven days a week at San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital. For information about any of our Programs and Services or to schedule an assessment, please call our direct Admission Line at 210-541-5350.
What is a Mental Health assessment?
At San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital, our goal during the assessment process is for everyone to feel comfortable and informed. A licensed behavioral health clinician will ask about current concerns as well as past medical and psychiatric history. If applicable, any drug and/or alcohol abuse will be addressed. An assessment allows us to efficiently and effectively evaluate current symptoms so that we may identify a program and services which best meet your needs. A family member or friend may be present during the assessment process, as this may be helpful for assistance and support.
This assessment is not a psychiatric evaluation. Rather, it is intended to help you determine what level of care will best meet your current needs and keep you safe. Once the assessment is complete, our clinician will discuss the recommendation and then make a determination about treatment options.
When do I schedule an assessment?
If you or a loved one are having difficulty at school, work or home due to mental health or substance abuse issues such as:
- Suicidal/homicidal thoughts
- Self-harm behaviors
- Aggressive/threatening/assaultive behaviors
- Drug/Alcohol abuse/mis-use
- Bipolar Disorder
- Hearing voices/seeing things others can’t hear or see
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
You are also welcome to refer a family member you feel may need help. We have different types of referral programs that could benefit you or your loved ones.
Planning for your Stay
It is our goal to provide you with the highest quality healthcare. In order to do so, we have established some important guidelines to prepare for your stay.
- Please bring all prescription medications/herbal supplements with you or the contact information for your pharmacy.
- Please bring no more than 5 days’ worth of casual clothing for your inpatient stay. We have a no-cost laundry room onsite.
- It is requested that you bring all clothing items in 1 suitcase.
- Please notify the hospital of sleep-related needs, such as C-PAP, oxygen, elevation of the head of the bed, egg crate or air mattress, incontinence supplies, etc., before admission.
- Please bring mental health guardianship/custody/foster care placement paperwork, if applicable.
Items Not Allowed
For the safety of our patients and staff, the following items are not permitted on the inpatient areas at San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital:
- Electronic items (cell phones, IPODS, video games)
- Jewelry (wedding rings are allowed)
- Purses and wallets
- Any glass & metal objects (including underwire bras)
- Scarves, belts, shoestrings, and drawstrings
- Flammable items (matches, lighters, etc.)
- Drugs & alcohol
- Mouthwash, hairspray, nail polish remover, aerosol sprays (Basic toiletries will be provided by the facility.)
- Stuffed animals, blankets and pillows from home, and hoodie sweatshirts
- Clothing items with a negative/offensive message or revealing clothing
A more detailed list is available upon admission.
San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare is here when you need us. If you have further questions regarding any of our services, don't hesitate to contact us at our direct Admission Line at 210-541-5350.
We accept most commercial insurances: Tricare, Commercial Insurance, Medicare and Medicaid