Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
The Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a day treatment program serving children and adolescents. The program is ideal for adolescents who require ongoing structured mental health treatment, but don’t necessarily require full inpatient psychiatric hospitalization. We can also help transition patients who have recently been admitted to a psychiatric hospital into our partial hospitalization program.
This daily therapeutic program helps those who are struggling from teen depression, mood, behavioral and/or substance abuse problems impacting their ability to function at home and school. The multidisciplinary mental health treatment team develops individualized treatment plans that address daily functioning, self-esteem and boundary issues, family dynamics, and abusive behaviors.
PHP consists of five group sessions daily, five days per week for a minimum of 20 programming hours. The program also includes additional family therapy sessions. Patients receive weekly individual sessions with a therapist, individual sessions with a psychiatrist for medication management, and daily group therapy. A registered nurse is on site daily. The SABHH mental health treatment team includes case management services with a master’s level therapist to assist with long term appointments upon discharge.
- Monday-Friday: 9am-3pm, lunch is provided
- Weekly meetings with a psychiatrist for medication management
- Weekly individual therapy sessions
- Discharge planning and referrals to mental health providers prior to discharge
- Family therapy included in care
- Five daily therapeutic groups include cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy.
- Nutrition Education
- Mindfulness and Recreational Therapy
- Wellness Education
- Typical program duration is 1-4 weeks
Learn more about our adolescent mental health services.