Teen mental health treatment in San Antonio
The goal of our adolescent inpatient program at SABHH is to stabilize immediate teen behavioral health concerns in a safe, structured therapeutic environment. We provide intensive inpatient care and partial hospitalization to address and treat symptoms of mental health issues and guide teens to a return to normal functioning.
Our programs are designed for those who are struggling with teen depression, anxiety, substance abuse, suicidal ideation and other issues that keep them from thriving in their daily life.
Often teens who need assistance may not resist getting it. Please seek treatment as soon as you notice a problem with a youth’s mental health. Better outcomes are achieved when comprehensive care is obtained as early as possible.
Inpatient Teen Mental Health Care
The goal of inpatient treatment for children and adolescents is to effectively deal with an immediate crisis, reduce symptoms of psychiatric disorders, develop more appropriate behaviors and boundaries, and learn effective coping and social skills. Our trauma-informed staff focuses on empowering adolescents to:
- Create awareness of behaviors
- Consider the consequences of behaviors
- Examine values
- Develop effective communication skills
Behaviors That May Require Inpatient Psychiatric Care
If children or adolescents are a danger to themselves or others, they may need short-term hospitalization. Psychiatric or emotional disorders which may necessitate hospitalization include:
- Active suicidal ideation
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
- Recent History of Significant Self-Mutilation or Self-Endangering Behavior
- Severe Anxiety
- Assaultive or Aggressive Behavior
- Severe Depression and Hopelessness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychotic Behaviors Impacting Daily Activities
Outpatient Mental Health Care and Partial Hospitalization
Not all children and adolescents with behavioral health or mental health concerns need inpatient care. Those in the early stages of mental illness may succeed with outpatient or partial hospitalization programs. If this is the case, our qualified mental health professionals can recommend for free the best course of treatment for the patient’s individual situation. If your mental illness is determined to be more acute, our admissions staff may feel inpatient care is more suitable.
Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
The Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a daily treatment program that serves those 17 and under who have recently been hospitalized or those who require structured mental health treatment and psychiatric support.
This therapy program helps adolescents struggling with mood, behavioral health and/or substance abuse problems impacting their ability to function at home and/or school. Our multidisciplinary therapy team develops individualized treatment plans that address daily functioning, self-esteem and boundary issues, family dynamics, and abusive behaviors.
We’re here 24/7; help is only 1 call away.
Call or come in today for a free, confidential assessment.
Partial Hospitalization Program Specifics
- Monday-Friday: 9am-3pm, lunch is provided
- Weekly meetings with a psychiatrist for medication management
- Weekly individual therapy sessions
- Discharge planning and referrals to mental health providers prior to discharge
- Family therapy included in care
- Five therapeutic groups each day to include behavioral therapies: (CBT and DBT)
- Nutrition education
- Mindfulness and recreational therapy
- Wellness education
- Registered nurses available daily
- Units are separated by gender (age and or gender)
- Typical program duration is 1-4 weeks
If you are looking for further information, check out our resources page. If you think SABHH can help you or a loved one, please contact us for a no-cost assessment.