Are you seeking teen mental illness treatment in San Antonio?
The goal of our children and adolescent inpatient program is to provide stabilization for immediate concerns in a therapeutic and structured environment. We provide intensive inpatient treatment and partial hospitalization with the primary focus of improving mental health.
Our programs are designed for adolescents who are struggling with behavioral, mood or substance related issues that keep them from thriving in their daily life.
Due to the negative stigma associated with adolescent mental illness, individual’s needing help may not seek services. It is critical to seek treatment as soon as possible if there may be a problem with a youth’s mental health. Better outcomes are generally achieved when comprehensive care is obtained as early as possible.
Not all children or adolescents with behavioral or mental health concerns need inpatient care. Those in early stages of mental illness may achieve great success with outpatient or partial hospitalization programs. If this is the case, our qualified health professionals will be able to offer guidance through a free assessment on what the best course of treatment is for the patient’s individualized situation. If your mental illness is determined to be more acute, our admissions staff may feel inpatient care is more suitable.
The goal of inpatient treatment for children and adolescents is to effectively deal with an immediate crisis, reduce symptoms of psychiatric disorders, develop more appropriate behaviors and boundaries, and learn effective coping and social skills. Our trauma-informed staff focuses on empowering adolescents and educating them to:
- Create Awareness of Behaviors
- Consider the Consequences of Their Behavior
- Examine Their Values
- Develop Effective Communication Skills
If children or adolescents are a danger to themselves or others, their behavioral health needs may call for a short-term hospitalization. Psychiatric or emotional disorders which may necessitate hospitalization include:
- Recent Suicide Attempt
- Active Suicide Ideation
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
- Recent History of Significant Self-Mutilation or Self-Endangering Behavior
- Severe Anxiety
- Assaultive or Aggressive Behavior
- Severe Depression and Hopelessness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychotic Behaviors Impacting Daily Activities
Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
The Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a day treatment program that serves children and adolescents – 17 and under – and is ideal for adolescents who have recently been hospitalized or those who require structured treatment and psychiatric support.
This daily therapeutic program helps adolescents who are struggling from mood, behavioral and/or substance abuse problems impacting their ability to function at home and/or at school. The multidisciplinary treatment team develops individualized treatment plans which address daily functioning, self-esteem and boundary issues, family dynamics, and abusive behaviors.
We’re here 24/7; help is only 1 call away.
Call or come in today for a free, confidential assessment.
- Monday-Friday: 9am-3pm, lunch is provided
- Typical program duration is 1-4 weeks
- Weekly meetings with a psychiatrist for medication management
- Weekly individual therapy sessions
- Discharge planning and referrals to mental health providers prior to discharge
- Family therapy included in care
- Five therapeutic groups each day to include behavioral therapies: (CBT and DBT)
- Nutrition Education
- Mindfulness and Recreational Therapy
- Wellness Education
- Registered Nurses available daily
- Units are separated by gender (age and or gender)
- Separate children admissions for our patients