Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
The Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a day treatment program that serves children and adolescents – ages 9 to 17 years old – and is ideal for adolescents who have recently been hospitalized or those who require structured treatment and psychiatric support.
This daily therapeutic program helps adolescents who are struggling from mood, behavioral and/or substance abuse problems impacting their ability to function at home and/or at school. The multidisciplinary treatment team develops individualized treatment plans which address daily functioning, self-esteem and boundary issues, family dynamics, and abusive behaviors.
PHP consists of a family session, 5 groups sessions daily, 5 days per week for a minimum of 20 programming hours. Patients will receive weekly individual sessions with a therapist, individual sessions with a psychiatrist for medication management, and daily group therapy. A registered nurse is on site daily. Patients will also be included in a multidisciplinary team, which includes case management services with a master’s level therapist to assist with long term appointments upon discharge.
- Monday-Friday: 9am-3pm, lunch is provided
- Typical program duration is 1-4 weeks
- Weekly meetings with a psychiatrist for medication management
- Weekly individual therapy sessions
- Discharge planning and referrals to mental health providers prior to discharge
- Family therapy included in care
- Five therapeutic groups each day to include:
- behavioral therapies: (CBT and DBT)
- Nutrition Education
- Mindfulness and Recreational Therapy
- Wellness Education